Bitter melon, also known as bitter gourd or karela (in India), is a unique vegetable-fruit that can be used as food or medicine. It is the edible part of the plant Momordica Charantia, which is a vine of the Cucurbitaceae family and is considered the most bitter among all fruits and vegetables.
- It helps in maintaining blood sugar levels.
- It lowers bad cholesterol levels.
- For glowing skin and lustrous hair.
- Cures hangovers and cleanses the liver.
- It helps in weight loss.
- Boosts your immune system.
- Great for your eyes.